Similar ideas popular now
The Stranahan House was one of several structures built between 1893-1906 along the New River in Fort Lauderdale, FL, by an enterprising young man named Frank Stranahan (photo). Frank arrived in 1893 to operate a barge ferry across the river and was the first non-Indian to live in what is now the center of Fort Lauderale. Soon, this prime location spawned other businesses for Stranahan, including a trading post, post office, bank and hotel. He became a powerful land owner in the area and soon, t
Fort Lauderdale Historical Society, Inc. - Now Open City of Fort Lauderdale’s Centennial Traveling Exhibits located on the second floor of the New River Inn. This is one of the few times that all four exhibits will be presented in the same place at the same time, and is an excellent opportunity for visitors to round out their knowledge of Fort Lauderdale’s past. Interested groups should contact Shannon Vezina at firstname.lastname@example.org.