Retrato: Filipinas Photo Collection
At the corner of Burke and Escolta Streets in Manila, the Regina Building in the 1930s was the home of the Cadillac dealership. Partly damaged during the way, it was renovated and still exists in 2005. Notice how the Pasig River has been reclaimed.
Philippine National Bank (Masonic Temple) & Escolta from north end of Santa Cruz bridge, Manila, Philippines, 1940
Pre-WWII Manila as the Pearl of the Orient before WWII took it all away with the Japanese invasion one year later. Photographer: Harrison Forman 1904-1978 This image is from the original negative held in the collections at the American Geographical Society Library (AGSL), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee USA. Copyright: Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System. For reproductions please contact the AGSL: collections.lib.uwm.edu/cdm/#AGSL Link to Philippine Island images in the…
PLAZA MIRANDA, COLORIZED. An elevated view of Plaza Miranda in Quiapo, Manila (reportedly in the 1960s). Note: someone please double-check if this is indeed another view of Plaza Miranda, and at what decade. A good clue would be confirmation of what building that is, in the distance -- and if that building's appearance can also confirm the decade. Thanks! Photo credits: John Tewell (original b&w photo) / colorization by Bilog Bilugan.