Last updated 4 years ago
Kõpu tuletorn (lighthouse) Kõpu Lighthouse (Estonia: Kõpu tuletorn) is one of the best known symbols of Hiiumaa. It is one of the oldest lighthouses in the world, having been in continuous use since its completion in 1531. The lighthouse marks the Hiiu sandbank (Estonian: Hiiu madal, Swedish: Neckmansgrund) and warns ships away from the shoreline. Light from Kõpu Lighthouse can be used for navigation as far as 26 nautical miles.