Dito, Noon: Ayala Triangle Gardens, Makati, 1937 x 2010s. #kasaysayan -- In the middle of Hacienda de San Pedro de Macati of the Zobel de Ayala family, Nielsen Airport was the center of air travel before WWII. The airport was decomission in 1948; and was returned to the Ayalas for development. The runways were converted into roads which now form the Triangle’s boundaries: Ayala Ave (SW), Paseo de Roxas (NE) and Makati Ave (SE) -- and was called Ugarte Field. The area is now an urban park.
NIELSON AIRPORT Location: Paseo de Roxas St., cor Makati Ave., Ayala Ave., Makati City Philippines Wayback March 20, 1937 *The land of the present day AYALA TRIANGLE GARDENS was once the 42-hectare (100-acre) formerly known NEILSON AIRPORT (manila’s pre-WWII airport) *When the airport was decommissioned in 1948 the site was returned to the ayala's and redeveloped as a commercial district *It was named after its owner and developers Ayala Land and “Opened to the Public” in November 2009