Last updated 1 year ago
Information about "1796-Detroit-map-plan-of-the-town-and-fortifications.png" on fort shelby - Detroit - LocalWiki
Fort Shelby was a military fort in Detroit, Michigan that played a significant role in the War of 1812. It was built by the British in 1779 as Fort Lernoult, and was ceded to the United States by the Jay Treaty in 1796. It was renamed Fort Detroit by Secretary of War Henry Dearborn in 1805.